Whether a one-time event or an on-going commitment, volunteers are at the heart of much of the work at the Center. No prior experience is necessary. We invite you to contact the Center to explore what options might be of interest to you.
- On-going Opportunities: Positions to volunteer directly with our children’s groups require completion of an application and attendance at a three day mandatory training offered several times throughout the year by the Center’s staff. Position descriptions and the time required are found on the application. In order to create a training environment in which participants can best develop and practice the skills necessary to facilitate a group effectively, we recommend that those who have experienced a loss themselves wait at least two years before attending. Because individual circumstances may vary, we invite you to call us to discuss your readiness. Click on the link below to begin the application process.
- Periodic Opportunities: Volunteer options which require no application or training sessions include help with our periodic mailings, craft preparations for our children’s programs, or being a guest speaker for trainings or special events.
- Volunteer Facilitator Training: We provide training for those who wish to volunteer directly with the support groups of our children’s programs. The training is scheduled for three evenings and a night to volunteer with a support group. Attendance at all sessions is mandatory. Following course completion, participants make at least a one year, 5.75 hr/mo. commitment to volunteer with our Nello’s Corner program or a four day, 5.75 hr./day commitment to our summer bereavement program, Camp Millie.
- The training provides:
• An understanding of the grief process
• Practical skills for working with children as a facilitator in a support setting
• Opportunity to explore awareness of personal beliefs and experiences with loss
- The training provides:
- Fundraising Opportunities: Volunteers of all interests can serve as hands-on help for spreading awareness and drawing support for the Center’s funding. We welcome you to be part of a committee or sub-committee that helps to organize and manage special fundraising events and goals that are run by our Director of Development, Donna Piergallini. Our services go further with more funding support, so we greatly depend on the generosity of time and resources for this area of focus.
Many people who have participated as client or group member in services provided by the Center often express their desire to give back by returning to volunteer. The enthusiasm and commitment to the Center is both deeply appreciated and highly valued. In order to maintain the integrity of our Center, volunteer participation by former participants can only include activities which do not require direct involvement with families. Previous participants would not be able to attend our volunteer training. If you are in this category, we encourage you to please call us so we can discuss your interests.
For more information, contact Christina at
or by calling 610-222-4110 x119
Click here to Download and Print the Volunteer Application!