“Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”
~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- Grief is a natural, whole mind and body response to a loss.
- Grief is a long-term process that influences emotional, mental, physical, and behavioral health, as well as fundamental systems of belief.
- Grief’s process is not linear, nor is it something that ends with closure. It involves an on-going balance between processing the impacts of loss and cultivating restorative investments in life.
The following services are facilitated by professionals who regularly receive education and training in the field of grief and bereavement
- Grief Counseling – for individuals, couples and families
- Peer Support Groups – a variety of programs for adults, children, and families
- Specialized Adult Groups – connecting adults on similar losses and experiences of grief in life
- Nello’s Corner – a support program for grieving children and their families who have experienced the death of an immediate family member
- Camp Millie – a summer bereavement camp offered to children ages 6 to 12 who have experienced the death of an immediate family member
- Special Workshops – offering a combination of psychoeducation, expressive arts, and opportunities to connect with others in grief building resilient wellness
- Professional Grief Education and Community Presentations – awareness on loss and bereavement through presentations, seminars and workshops.
- Customized Consultations – opportunities to have tailored support and guidance for organizations dealing with system-wide matters of grief and loss
The Center for Loss and Bereavement does not provide emergency or crisis services.
Please contact your local hospital or the following crisis agencies
if you are in need of immediate support.
Montgomery County Emergency Services: 24 Hour/7 Day a Week Hotline 610-279-6100
Access Services Mobile Crisis Unit: 1-855-634-HOPE (4673)
Non-emergency Peer Support Talk Line: open daily from 1:00pm – 9:00pm. Call 855-715-8255 or text 267-225-7785.