“Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”
~ Thich Nhat Hanh
The following services are facilitated by professionals who regularly receive education and training in the field of grief and bereavement
- Grief Counseling – for individuals, couples and families
- Peer Support Groups – a variety of programs for adults, children, and families
- Specialized Adult Groups – connecting adults on similar losses and experiences of grief in life
- Nello’s Corner – a support program for grieving children and their families who have experienced the death of an immediate family member
- Camp Millie – a summer bereavement camp offered to children ages 6 to 12 who have experienced the death of an immediate family member
- Special Workshops – offering a combination of psychoeducation, expressive arts, and opportunities to connect with others in grief building resilient wellness
- Professional Grief Education and Community Presentations – awareness on loss and bereavement through presentations, seminars and workshops.
- Customized Consultations – opportunities to have tailored support and guidance for organizations dealing with system-wide matters of grief and loss
While our services are being offered virtually through telehealth currently, our service area for counseling and peer support groups primarily includes community residents of Southeastern PA (the Greater Philadelphia area). Our education and awareness efforts reach far beyond this area, but we look forward to the time when we will be able to meet with our direct service clients in our offices again, and therefore we are limiting our clients’ location to regional/local areas at this time. If you are out of our area but would like support finding resources in your state/region, we can assist you finding contacts through our national networks of grief service providers.
Our Team works on various schedules and will attend to all needs as quickly as possible, usually within 1-2 business days.
Given that we are not able to respond immediately for pressing circumstances, please reach out to local crisis or emergency resources (below) if you require immediate attention or your needs cannot wait.
Call Local Police Department or *911
Montgomery County Emergency Services (MCES) 610-279-6100
Montgomery County Access Services Crisis Support 855-634-HOPE (4673)
Bucks County Lenape Valley Foundation Crisis Support 800-499-7455
Chester County Valley Creek Crisis Center Support 610-280-3270
Delaware County Crisis Connections Team 855-889-7827
Philadelphia Mental Health Delegate Line 215-685-6440
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK
- Grief is a natural, whole mind and body response to a loss.
- Grief is a long-term process that influences emotional, mental, physical, and behavioral health, as well as fundamental systems of belief.
- Grief’s process is not linear, nor is it something that ends with closure. It involves an on-going balance between processing the impacts of loss and cultivating restorative investments in life.