Specialized Adult Groups
“The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.”
At different times throughout the year, we hold specialized support groups for grieving individuals in the community. These groups are designed to address particular types of death (i.e. support for suicide loss) or loss of a particular relationships (i.e. death of a spouse or partner).
Our groups are organized to provide a supportive environment where one can gain a sense of connection and support from other group members. There is a screening process before entering a group to help us identify a group members needs and to help determine how a support group might benefit you at this time.
Our groups are lead by facilitators trained in the field of bereavement. Each facilitator has a Master’s Degree and receives ongoing education.
While our services are being offered virtually through telehealth currently, our service area for counseling and peer support groups primarily includes community residents of Southeastern PA (the Greater Philadelphia area). Our education and awareness efforts reach far beyond this area, but we look forward to the time when we will be able to meet with our direct service clients in our offices again, and therefore we are limiting our clients’ location to regional/local areas at this time. If you are out of our area but would like support finding resources in your state/region, we can assist you finding contacts through our national networks of grief service providers.
- Young Adult Loss (no charge)
Meets Twice a Month
For those ages post high school – 28 years who have experienced a significant loss.
Meets every other Wednesday, 7:00 – 8:15 p.m.
- Loss of Child
For parents who have experienced the death of a child as an older teen or adult.
2nd Mondays, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Younger Loss of Spouse or Partner Group – For adults who have experienced the death of a spouse or partner who may still have children living at home.
- Mature Loss of Spouse or Partner Group – For adults who have experienced the death of a spouse or partner and may not have children still living at home.
- Adult Loss of a Parent – For those adults who have experienced the death of a parent or parent figure.
- Adult Loss of a Sibling – For those adults who have experienced the death of a brother or sister.
- Loss Due to Addiction/Overdose – For adults who have experienced a death of a loved one due to addiction complications or overdose.
- Support for Suicide Loss – For adults who have experienced the death of a loved one due to suicide.