Through Our Website • Via The United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern NJ (Donor Number #16403) • Or help us by shopping at Amazon.com
THE CENTER FOR LOSS AND BEREAVEMENT is a non-profit organization that provides comprehensive grief support to those individuals, couples, families, and organizations dealing with profound loss in our community. We respect the unique aspects within each experience of loss and offer professional counseling, group support, and education surrounding matters of death, dying, and chronic health or disability. We provide an atmosphere of respect and solace for all in addressing life’s meaning and purpose.
Employment Opportunity: Director of Development
- The Center for Loss and Bereavement is seeking a Director of Development (DOD) to manage its marketing, communications and development efforts. These efforts include: growth of individual/major donor giving; research, cultivation and solicitation of corporate support; application and coordination for appropriate grant funding opportunities; management of all aspects of fundraising print/mail, digital/media, and social events. The DOD will play an integral role engaging board members and staff in fundraising efforts as well as coordinating efforts to gain awareness, engagement, and support of the Center’s mission and sustainability.
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to the Center’s mission
- Pursuit of working with the Center’s Development needs in a long-term capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Preferred
- Minimum of five – seven years of experience in fundraising and/or relevant experience
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication/presentation skills
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities; ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail
- Professional and positive manner – a high level of sophistication and maturity in social and professional settings
- Discretion and an ability to interact with high-level donors and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Openness and adaptability to a dynamic workflow and culture
- Functional working knowledge of fundraising databases and software/platforms for donor/donation management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Valid Driver’s license and transportation available
- Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Clearances
This position requires part-time hours, with flexibility. Days and specific hours/flexibility and salary will be discussed with the Executive Director during the application process. Some evenings and weekends required. The Center is comprised of dedicated, empathetic, and creative professionals who work together in teams of mutual respect and appreciation. Ongoing career goals are discussed regularly and professional development is encouraged for all levels of staff.
Ability to lift 40 lbs and use of stairs
Those interested should contact our Executive Director, Emily Vincent, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume/CV, at least 3 references, and a professional development writing sample. Invitations to schedule an interview will be sent to all qualified applicants. The Center is an EOE.