Through Our Website   •   Via The United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern NJ (Donor Number #16403)   •   Or help us by shopping at


The Center for Loss and Bereavement is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization- contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. The official registration and financial information of the Center for Loss and Bereavement may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. Click here to print our donation form

 Ways to support the Center for Loss and Bereavement

  • Donations 
    • The simplest way to make an impact is through a contribution. You can mail or make a donation online at our website. You can also designate this gift in memory or honor of someone. We accept the support of individuals, corporations, or foundations.
  • Matching Gifts
    • Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions or volunteer hours made by their employees.
  • Volunteer
    • Whether a one-time event or an on-going commitment, volunteers are at the heart of much of the work at the Center. No prior experience is necessary; however, some positions require mandatory trainings offered each year by the Center’s staff.
  • Donate a Highly Appreciated Security
    • If you’re going to be donating anyway, consider doing so with highly appreciated securities like stocks, stock funds, property, or similar holdings that are worth considerably more than when you acquired them. If you sell a highly appreciated holding (outside of a tax-sheltered account such as a traditional IRA) you’ll pay capital gains taxes on the difference between its cost and its sale price. Instead, you can donate the security “in kind” to a non-profit organization and avoid the capital gains tax, subject to IRS rules.
  • Donate Your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
    • When you reach age 70½ you must begin taking RMDs from your tax deferred accounts. If you don’t necessarily need your RMD in a given year then consider donating it, as allowed by the IRS, instead of taking it as ordinary income. This is known as a “Qualified Charitable Distribution” and it allows you to avoid extra taxes and higher taxable income. The IRS allows you to donate up to $100,000 annually in this manner.

Support Us

/* Donate button */ Donate - United Way and the Center for Loss and Bereavement

The United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern NJ (Donor Number #16403)

Shop through Amazon and Help the Center for Loss and Bereavement

Shop now and help us save at