Through Our Website • Via The United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern NJ (Donor Number #16403) • Or help us by shopping at Amazon.com
Strides of Hope Information
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL RACE?
- A virtual race can be run or walked anytime and anywhere, even indoors on a treadmill. We have the RaceJoy app set up if you would like to participate at Heebner Park. The app can time you anywhere and anytime between August 30th– September 7th.
CAN I STILL DONATE?
- Yes, you can still donate here
WHEN CAN I WALK OR RUN?
- You have from August 30th to September 7th to complete the 5K (3.1 miles).
WHERE CAN I WALK OR RUN?
- You can walk or run your 5k or kid fun run anywhere.
- If you want to run at Heebner Park in Worcester Township, 1721 Valley Forge Road, Collegeville, PA 19426. Just select 5k Course on the RaceJoy App. Course Map
- If this is not convenient for you, feel free to participate in your neighborhood or other parks. Just select 5K Anywhere on the RaceJoy app and it will track your time!
- If you want to run on the treadmill you will have to manually submit your time and will not qualify for the time race prizes. You can submit the times here.
HOW DOES THE KID’S FUN RUN WORK?
- The kid’s fun run course is not a contest. All kids will receive a medal and a shirt for participating.
- If you want to time them you will need to create a log-in for them and have them run with a phone. You will need to add them as a secondary account user and switch the login (see below for more details).
- The Kids course is .52 miles/ .821km Course Map
- We recommend timing the kids with a stopwatch, you can enter it manually here.
WHAT DO PARTICIPANTS GET FOR PARTICIPATING?
- All participants will receive:
- Digital bib
- Digital certificate of completion (Can be shared online or printed)
- T-shirt* (Pick up available at Heebner Park on August 30th, we can arrange a drop-off or we can mail it to you)
- Discount for 2021 Strides of Hope 5K
- Prizes include:
- Top Female & Male timed participants according to age groups (using the Racejoy app)
- Top Individual Fundraiser
- Top Fundraising Team (Team Captain)
- Largest Team (Team Captain receives award for most team members)
- Gift card raffles for anyone who posts pictures on social media and tags the Center! Use the hashtag #stridesofhope
HOW DO I GET MY RACE PACKET?
- We will be distributing the shirts and materials over the next weekend. If interested, we have scheduled a pick-up time at Heebner Park on August 30th. REGISTER FOR A PICKUP
- We will be dropping off and mailing everyone who is unable to pick up shirts on the 30th. If you are a part of a group and or team and we can combine drop-offs please let us know!
- You will be emailed your digital certificate after the race.
WHEN CAN I PICK UP MY BIB?
- Since it is a virtual race your bib will be emailed to you by RaceJoy. If you do not receive it by Wednesday please check here: PARTICIPANT LIST
HOW DO I DOWNLOAD THE RACEJOY APP
DO I HAVE TO USE THE APP?
- You do not need to use the app unless you want to be timed. You can manually submit a time here.
WHAT IF I HAVE MORE THAN ONE PERSON THAT NEEDS TO USE THE SAME PHONE TO TRACK THEIR WALK RUN?
- Only one person can use the app at any given time. To switch users and time a different participant, you must complete the race first. Once you finish, you can update the profile again for a different name and email address profile and then run/walk again under that Name setup. Select your name from the top of the home page of the event and follow the prompts and enter a different Name/email setup.
- We recommend timing the kids .52 mile race with a stopwatch, you can enter it manually here.
WHAT DEVICES DOES RACEJOY WORK WITH?
- RaceJoy is available for Apple and Android phones and tablets.
- Download for Apple.
- Download for Android.
- Sorry, RaceJoy is not available for Windows. RaceJoy is a mobile app and not available from a web browser. Though, you can have your progress posted to Facebook and Twitter.
WHAT IF I AM NOT HAPPY WITH MY TIME AND I WANT TO DO IT AGAIN?
- You can redo the distance or onsite route to submit a new finish time. Select the Redo button to re-complete the distance. Warning: This will erase previous performance data.
DO I NEED TO CARRY MY PHONE TO USE RACEJOY?
- Yes, if you wish to use RaceJoy’s GPS tracking and GPS-based progress alerts, you will need to carry your phone and activate tracking on race day.
CAN I PLAY MUSIC AND OTHER APPS WITH RACEJOY?
- Yes! Music and other apps work well with RaceJoy. Also, our tests show that music does little impact on your battery. Please know that other apps may drain your battery at a significant rate. We recommend you turn off all other non-essential apps during the race – this tip is for spectators too! Just minimize RaceJoy and enjoy it.
CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RaceJoy APP?
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I NEED HELP?
- Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamie at email@example.com