Specialized Adult Groups
“The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.”
At different times throughout the year, we hold specialized support groups for grieving individuals in the community. These groups are designed to address particular types of death (i.e. support for suicide loss) or loss of a particular relationships (i.e. death of a spouse or partner).
Our groups are organized to provide a supportive environment where one can gain a sense of connection and support from other group members. There is a screening process before entering a group to help us identify a group members needs and to determine how a support group might benefit you at this time.
Our groups are professionally led by specially trained facilitators in the field of bereavement and peer group process.
While some of our adult group programs have virtual options, our service area for counseling and peer support groups primarily includes community residents of Southeastern PA (the Greater Philadelphia area). Our education and awareness efforts reach well beyond these direct service limits, but we do prioritize our staff commitments based on capacity and need. If you are out of our area but would like support finding resources in your state/region, we can assist you in finding contacts through our national networks of grief service providers.
On-Going Groups: These groups require pre-registration and a phone screening for participation. These are not drop in groups. All groups are held onsite at our facility unless otherwise noted.
- Young Adult Loss (no charge)
Meets Twice a Month; Separate In person and Virtual group options
For those ages post high school – 29 years who have experienced a significant loss.
Meets every other Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. – 8:15 p.m.
- Loss of Child ($90 for six meetings)
For parents who have experienced the death of a child as an older teen or adult.
2nd Monday, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support Group ($10 for each attendance)
Meets monthly – *Virtual only
For parents who have experienced the loss of a pregnancy or infant.
3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Time-Limited Groups: These groups require pre-registration and a phone screening for participation, and are scheduled as interest is shown. These are not drop in groups. All groups are held onsite at our facility unless otherwise noted. Most groups are run for 6 consecutive weeks, and cost $90 for the entire duration. Any time-limited group that runs longer than 6-wks will have adjusted fees to be discussed at registration.
- Younger Loss of Spouse or Partner Group – For adults who have experienced the death of a spouse or partner who may still have children living at home.
- Mature Loss of Spouse or Partner Group – For adults who have experienced the death of a spouse or partner and may not have children still living at home.
- Adult Loss of a Parent – For those adults who have experienced the death of a parent or parent figure.
- Adult Loss of a Sibling – For those adults who have experienced the death of a brother or sister.
- Loss Due to Addiction/Overdose – For adults who have experienced a death of a loved one due to addiction complications or overdose.
- Support for Suicide Loss – For adults who have experienced the death of a loved one due to suicide.
- Loss of Child – For parents who have experienced the death of a child as an older teen or adult.
1st and 3rd Mondays of the Month, for 10 total meetings. *Upcoming* Targeted Start date of 9/19/2022