Do you have an interest in making a meaningful difference in the lives of those in your community who are grieving or have experienced loss?
The Center for Loss and Bereavement is inviting applications from those interested in contributing their voice, leadership, and experience to enhance the lives of the Center’s clients. We are recruiting dedicated individuals with an interest in raising grief awareness and increasing accessibility to grief support within the community. Long term opportunities to serve on the Board of Directors as well as short-term project focused Task Force Professional Volunteer seats are currently available.
Who we’re looking for:
We are seeking motivated, visionary thinkers with proven leadership capabilities from diverse backgrounds in fundraising and governance. Ideal candidates will be willing to be conscientious stewards for the Center and have the capacity to cultivate relationships with community influencers and stakeholders. They must be sensitive to the diverse communities which we serve and aim to reach.
To complement the existing Board of Directors’ skill sets, we are looking for leadership representation in the following professional areas:
- Accounting / Financial Analysis
- Fundraising / Event Planning
- Human Resources
- Organizational Development
Board of Directors Member Commitment:
- Attend five (5) board meetings through our fiscal year (July-June), which typically fall in Sept, Nov, Jan, Mar, May, and the Annual Planning Meeting in June
- Actively participate and serve on at least (1) one Board Committee
- Participate in the Center’s sponsored fundraising events
- Board Member commitment is a 3 year term, with option to renew for a maximum of 3 terms
- Annual personal financial contributions
Task Force Professional Volunteer Commitment:
- Subject Matter Experts will determine the pace and term length of the committee based on the project’s goals
- Active participation in meetings as agreed upon by the committee
- Non-voting advisory role working alongside current Directors and Center staff
If you are interested in speaking with someone about your interests in serving with us, please complete the form below.
About the Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors bring insight and expert leadership together in assuring that the Center for Loss and Bereavement’s mission is fulfilled. In these roles, our team drives meaningful discussion and targeted efforts, moving forward strategic plans that strengthen our organization’s impact on our shared community.
Key Roles of the Board of Directors:
- Establish the structure, policies, and strategic plans that guide the Center’s leadership in fulfilling its mission
- Set the vision for the future, develop strategic plans and goals, and approve operational plans
- Ensure programming is consistent with the mission and monitor the effectiveness of these programs
- Oversee Center’s financials through development of the annual budget and allocating adequate resources for the Center to fulfill its mission
- Ensure the Center is adhering to legal and ethical standards and expectations
- Serve as unwavering source of moral and professional support for the Executive Director and staff to advance the strategic goals
- Hold the Center in trust for the public good and exercising judgment in a way that best serves the Center and its clients
- Enhance the Center’s public standing by advocating the mission, sharing accomplishments, and garnering support from the community
• CBEM Changemaker
• Charity Navigator
Individual & Family Grief Counseling
News & Events
Grief Support Resources
3847 Skippack Pike
P.O. Box 1299
Skippack, PA 19474